|Nuad Bo-Rarn (Ancient Thai Massage)|
Nuad Bo-Rarn (Ancient Thai Massage) is a unique form of body therapy that includes therapeutic yoga-like stretchings, joint mobilization, rhythmic deep-tissue compression, toning of energy lines and acupressure. Combination of these practices creates a powerful cumulative effect of balancing all body-mind structure. Rooted in the Indian Ayurvedic medical practice and Chinese medicine, Thai Massage is a unique form of Oriental bodywork based on energy balance theory of health and healing. Although the origins of this ancient tradition date back over 2,500 years, Thai Massage is still popular and widely practised in Thailand today.
Northern & Southern Style
There are two main styles of Thai massage; the Southern (Bangkok) style of Thai massage focuses more on acupressure and a few Yoga-like poses. The Northern style as taught at ITM places more emphasis on Yoga-like stretching positions / interaction and reflects the gentleness of the Northern people and the slower pace of Northern Thai life style. The Northern style is also called “Yoga for Lazy People”. Instead of doing Yoga, they do it for you.
6 points of Nuad Bo-Rarn Thai massage
1. Yoga. First thing Nuad Bo-Rarn Thai massage reminds is yoga. It has quite similar muscle stretches, it relaxes the whole body and mind and relieve tension.
2. Acupressure. While doing Thai massage we work on energy lines, so called SEN, as well as on special pressure points. By doing this we want to relieve tension and blocks and let the energy flow free. This also stimulates particular muscles or areas of the body. Unlike in Chinese medicine we don’t use needles. Instead of them we use thumbs, fingers, palms, elbows and feet to get the similar results.
3. Meditative. Thai massage is about meditation. When a person does a Thai massage it looks like he’s in the permanent flow from one posture to another, from one area of the body to another. It’s like dancing. Moreover if the massage is performed in a relaxed and focused way it will be more beneficial and fulfilling.
4. Exercise. By receiving Thai massage your body also gets passive exercises.
5. Reflexology. There are plenty of points and lines throughout the whole body which are connected to particular areas of the body and inside organs as well. By working on these points and lines we stimulate specific areas of the body. Therefore we can say that Thai massage is a reflexology massage.
6. Healing art. Thai massage wouldn’t be so popular if it wasn’t so effective. The combining of yoga, meditation, exercises, acupressure and reflexology maked Nuad Bo-Rarn Thai massage a very unique healing art which improves overall health and well-being.
Benefits of Thai massage
1. Deep relaxation. Pressure on feet and legs is sedating, sometimes including hypnotiv or altered states of consciousness.
2. Releases points of tension in the body which block the natural flow of energy, including homeostasis, balance and harmony. Releases stress and increases energy.
3. Increases flexibility and range of motion. Assists alignment and postural integrity of the body.
4. Improve circulation.
5. Strengthens the internal organs.
6. Relieves pain.
7. Improves neurological functioning and assists in relieving degenerative conditions assotiated with the ageing process.
8. Promoted inner peace and quiet mind.
Contraindications in Thai massage
1. Injury or inflammation of muscle. This area should not be massaged, massage with caution.
2. Bone fracture or joint dislocation. With permission from the attending physician, during healing process, massage with caution.
3. Fever from any causes.
4. Varicose veins.
5. Contagious skin diseases.
6. Drug and/or alcohol intoxication.
8. Ill health such as non-severe heart condition, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, and chronic illness conditions.
9. Pregnant and menstruating women.
Duration and cost of Thai massage
|Traditional Thai massage||
It is advised to have 2 Hours Thai massage to work throughout the whole body using different most effective techniques. However you'll feel the positive influence of Thai massage and feel much better after 1 Hour and 1,5 Hours sessions as well.
Thai massage requires loose, comfortable clothing for both the therapist and client. You should wear full length, loose fitting trousers and T-shirt. Ladies, please no skirts and revealing tops.
About massage therapist